One of my resolutions for 2013 was to read 50 books. Now that we’ve hit July and are officially half-way through the year, I’m realizing that goals may have been a tiny bit…optimistic. So far I’ve finished 10 books. Good ones mind you, but still only 10. And the only reason I’ve made it to 10 is that I told my wonderful Mother about my 50 book goal, and for my birthday she sent me a kindle!
I seriously love it, it’s always in my bag wherever I go. It’s amazing how fast you can get through a book when you read a few pages here and there on your down time. Seriously, get a kindle. Right now.
Now that I’m electronically equipped, the next 10 books I plan to read are:
1. Serena by Ron Rash
2. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
3. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
4. The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
7. Daring Greatly by Dr. Brené Brown
8. The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
10. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
Happy reading, lovelies!