I had plenty of fabric left over from making the couch pillows a few weeks ago, so I decided to use the scraps to make an apron! The prints were already so pretty, and I’d been meaning to make one for a while.
Instead of following a pattern, I just sort of eye-balled the sizes. I started with a big square of the fabric that I wanted for the skirt. I used a different fabric for the tie and pockets, to give it some contrast. Hemming everything before going any further saved me some time later on. I then base-stitched and gathered the top of the apron, and sewed the tie along the gathered side. It was a little tricky, but worked out great by the end. All done! It turned out great, in fact, I’m planning to make another one for my mom for her birthday. Shhh, don’t tell her.