Can you believe the holidays are almost here?! I mean Halloween is in 2 weeks and then, the heavy hitters are here. Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Years. Holiday cooking. Decorating. And…traveling.
Cue the “dun dun dunnnn…”. Guys, traveling with a baby can be tough. BUT, it doesn’t have to be a nightmare! I’ve taken Will on two flights so far, and we’re planning our third for Thanksgiving. I learned from each of our previous trip and at the risk of jinxing it…I think I’ve got it pretty figured out.
Here are my flying with baby essentials:
Extra pair of clothes
Extra top for mom
Clean swaddle blanket
Skip Hop with plenty of extra diapers
Whole pack of wipes
Extra pacifiers on clips
I was going back over past posts and realized that I never posted photos from my baby shower, and it was so lovely and perfect I just have to share it with you. My three closest friends all flew in from other states to spend the weekend with me, and boy can these ladies throw a classy party. Headed up by the one and only Adora Mae, all I can say is I am so blessed. And little Will was so loved before he was even here!
With donuts, a coffee and mimosa bar, and a onesie painting station, this was everything I love. Here’s to having amazing friends!
This sweet boy lights up my life. No long post today, just a peek at his angel face.
Say hello to Mr. 5 Months old! I can’t believe this little baby boy is almost half a year old – time is really flying. Here’s our 5 month check in:
I am: 5 months
I can: sit up, reach for things, get tickled, jump really high in my jumparoo and laugh at my mama’s silly faces
I love: bathtime, exploring the city in my ergo, and finally sitting in my big boy jogger seat
I have: two teeth and counting!
I love documenting all the fun little things this boy does. He is pure sunshine.
I’ve never experienced a learning curve quite as steep as bringing a newborn home. All of a sudden you’re looking at this helpless little peanut who depends on you for everything. I thought I was prepared – I’d done the whole “nesting” thing, read countless articles about what to expect, and had a Pinterest board full of life-hacks for life with a newborn. But there were still a bunch of things we ended up needing to get life going smoothly; thank goodness for Amazon Prime!
Here’s my list of Mama essentials that will help smooth those first few weeks with baby:
1. Waterproof Sheet Protectors – if you don’t want to change your sheets with every single diaper or nipple leak, you’ll want these pads. I got about 6, since in those early days we went through about two or three a night.
2. Naturacare Maternity Pads – these all natural cotton pads will definitely help all the tenderness down there. Bonus, because these are all natural cotton, you won’t get the feeling of a UTI that Always Pads or anything that wicks can give you.
3. Extra Swaddle Blankets – I had a 4-pack, and with diaper leaks and spit up happening so often, we blew through them in one night. Our little guy needed to be swaddled to sleep soundly, so that didn’t work. We got a bunch more and cut down the daily laundry.
4. Extra Peri Bottle – the hospital or your midwife will give you one, but I highly recommend having two – one filled with warm water and the other with sitz bath herb water.
5. Extra Changing Pad Covers – You will go through these so fast…