This past weekend we got the chance to go floating with a bunch of friends up in the Russian River, and it was a blast! We floated for about 4 hours, though it was slow, and we only covered about .7 miles, haha!
A few floating Pro-tips:
1. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Reapply every hour! We used 50 but didn’t reapply enough and fried. Use. The. Screen.
2. Ice is everything. We had a bunch of beer, and two hours in, it was still frosty and cold, just how you want it to be! Don’t skimp on the ice.
3. Invest in a floating cooler. It will clip right to your float, and you’ll always have a cold one right by your side!
4. Zipsicles. If you’re wondering what they are, they’re homemade (alcoholic) popsicles that are the BEST mid-float. Use these to store and freeze them.
5. Bring all your friend! And tie the tubes all together to make a massive floatilla.
Throwback to last weekend with this cutie. Can’t. Get. Enough.
Hold on to your best friend, they’ll get you through anything.
Budgeting is hard, matter of fact it’s one of my least favorite things to make and stick to. Ah well, such is life I suppose. Being on a budget, I try to bring my lunch to work most days and save a little money. However, some days are hard and stressful. And on those days, I recommend saying goodbye to that pesky budget and going to lunch. Grab a friend, get get some Pad Thai, and relax.
Life is for living, and we live best through enjoying the little things.
This year, my 4th of July was extremely low-key. Now big crowds, no large fireworks displays, just a small BBQ with friends. I needed it. I think we all needed it. Summer is here, bringing fresh fruits and veggies, longer daylight hours, and night time BBQs with lots of laughing and love.
O, how shall summer’s honey breath hold out
Against the wreckful siege of battering days,
When rocks impregnable are not so stout,
Nor gates of steel so strong, but Time decays?
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 65 5-8)